As you watch your child begin to take shape, you may wonder if they are where they should be developmentally. At Rainbows, we believe every child is a masterpiece. And while developmental delays are more common than you may think, we’re here to offer you new beginnings. Much like a skilled artisan, our highly-trained experts support you and your child to reveal the beauty of your child’s growth and development.
If you or your child's doctor have concerns about a possible developmental delay, now is the time to seek help. We offer a broad spectrum of services to address your child's unique needs--especially important during a child's first three years of life. We offer a broad spectrum of services to address those unique needs that are especially important during your child's first three years of life.
Rainbows United offers 17 early intervention services, depending on your specific needs, at no cost to families.
- Assistive technology
- Speech/language therapy
- Physical therapy
- Family training
- Psychological services
- Health services
- Family service coordination
- Medical services
- Social work
- Nursing services
- Special instruction
- Nutrition services
- Occupational therapy
- Vision services
- Sign language and cued speech
How do we make a difference?
Your child will have a primary early intervention specialist plus support from all discipline areas. Here
are a few examples of what "early childhood intervention" services might look like:
- An early education teacher demonstrates how a toy might be used to help a child learn new skills.
- A speech pathologist helps a parent find the right bottlle for her baby
- A physical therapist shows a mother how to move her child's legs to increase flexibility.
- A family service coordinator helps parents access a community resource.
Click here for resources from the CDC on Learn the Signs. Act Early.