Woodchuck Adventure 2020
About Summer Services
This Summer, Rainbows will be providing Summer Services in family homes with a special Camp-like focus. While we will not be able to gather in large groups together, our staff have put together some special hands-on and virtual options that will give your child a fun, structured, social experience both outside in nice weather and inside your home this Summer.
Rainbows’ Direct Service Providers will go into each home to serve as Camp Counselor and help children and youth achieve this summer experience.
Activities include: science experiments, life skills, outdoor adventures, scavenger hunt, crafts, music and so much more.
Persons over 18 years can attend if they have been enrolled in an educational program during the previous school year.
- Serves children and young adults with disabilities.
- Children and young adults will receive individual attention, assistance, and supervision as needed.
- An appropriate option for children who have restricted mobility and/or use of wheelchairs as their primary form of mobility.
This year’s camp is sponsored by United Way of the Plains, Sedgwick County Community Developmental Disability Organization, CJ Memorial Foundation, Lattner Family Foundation, Joy in Childhood Foundation, and The Ability Experience.
Dates and Hours of Operation
June - July 2020
We will be closed on July 3, 2020 in observance of Independence Day.
Private Pay: Payment according to the Camp Service Agreement is due on the Monday before week of scheduled attendance.
Family Support: Can be used as a funding source.
HCBS (Home and Community Based Services): Supportive home care hours can be billed if a plan of care is in our offices no later than April 26, 2020.
How do I sign up?
All participants in the program must meet the following criteria:
- Contact the Sedgwick County Developmental Disability Organization (SCDDO) to be determined eligible for services.
- Have a diagnosis of I/DD.
- Completed enrollment packet on file with the Family Support
Enrollment is FULL
For more information
Please contact Family Support Services at 316.684.7060 ext. 105.